A lesson is a writeup on a particular topic. You can write formulae, and draw graphs, to be displayed nicely. If you feel like you need some new layout or graphical element, write to email@example.com.
Lessons are the most prominent part of my site and attract thousands of visitors. Check out my server statistics page to see my stats.
A lesson is a text. Paragraphs are separated by a newline (press ENTER twice).
HOW THIS IS DONE
- Register on my site. It is, obviously, free and you are not required to provide much information.
- You go to some section of my site that contains lessons. Go to the lessons section. For example, you can go to Playground section that is free for all.
- You click on "Create a lesson" link.
- You type your lesson in the "development" area and it will not be seen by my website visitors until you "promote it to production". This is done to give you freedom to edit your lesson, preview it etc, without embarrassment of others seeing partially done, incomplete work. You can view your lesson while it is still in "development" area.
- Every edit you perform is saved in the history and you can see the entire history of your edits. So, if you goof up and delete some valuable information, you can restore it from history.
- Click on "View Source" links of other lessons to see what other people are typing.
- When you are satisfied with your lesson, you can click on "promote your lesson" link and promote it to production, where it will be seen by students.
- If you are used to solving algebra problems on my site, lessons are done pretty much the same way.
- If, later, you decide to change your lesson, click Edit Your lesson, and edit it. All edits will be done in the development area until you promote your lesson again.
- Please check out important notes on Tutoring_copyright. In short, you keep the copyright to your lessons and you are free to publish them anywhere. However, you give me non-exclusive rights to publish or distribute your lessons. You also declare that your work is original.
- You can now Upload illustrations and drawings.